More About Our Vetiver Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Source: Sri Lanka
Distillation: Steam distilled by small artisan distiller
Botanical name: Veteveria zizzanoides
Note: Our vetiver is non-certified organic, made from fresh, hand harvested roots. Vetiver is widely adulterated with synthetics (despite being labeled as pure), which may cause dermatitis and skin reactions. Real, pure vetiver is non-irritating.
Homeopathic Properties of Vetiver Essential Oil
- Detoxifier–blood and tissues
- Stimulant–circulatory, red blood cell production, immune system
- Tonic–liver, heart, glands, urinary system
Internal*–oral, inhalation–blended with other oils, suppository
External*––topical application, skin application, massage, bath, local or spinal compress, application to energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
This beautiful oil is known in Sri Lanka as the “Oil of Peace”. Distilled from the roots of a grass, it is one of nature’s fixatives, a rare characteristic in natural plant substances.
Another great urinary system tonic, vetiver also helps the heart with cardiotonic properties.
As an endocrine balancer it eases PMS, menopausal symptoms, and post-partum depression. It has been used to raise libido in men and women.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Avoid use on skin unless you are sure of the purity of the oil.
- Avoid essential oil contact with eyes.
- Store safely out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.