More About Our Damiana Essential Oil
Size: 1.5 ml amber glass vial
Production Method: Steam distilled from the leaves and flowers of the wild shrub.
Botanical Name: Turnera diffusa or Turnera aphrodisiaca
Homeopathic Properties of Damiana Essential Oil
- Lowers blood sugar (hypoglycemic)
- Mild Laxative
- Menstrual regulator
- Stimulant–Reproductive organs and system
- Tonic–Prostate, endocrine system, ovaries, uterus
- Treatment for menopausal symptoms and PMS
Internal–oral semi-homeopathic dosages, inhalation
External—topical application, massage, local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Damiana essential oil is most often known for its aphrodisiac and sexual tonic properties.
The ancient Mayans used this plant for many medicinal uses, including the treatment of dysentery, headaches, coughs, paralysis, bed-wetting, stomach ache, bronchitis and asthma.
It has also been used to treat venereal disease, malaria, fever, cystitis, and ulcers.
- Surgery: It is recommended to stop taking damiana essential oil 2 weeks before surgery, to avoid interference with blood glucose levels during surgery and recovery.
- Damiana lowers blood sugar, which should be monitored carefully when used by those with diabetes. It is important to consult a health care professional for use by diabetics.
- Avoid during pregnancy and breast feeding, as a precaution. No known effects have been discovered or proven at this time.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.