Size: 100 ml violet glass bottle
Source: Hawaii, USA
Process: Mechanically separated using only filters; no solvents are used, unlike commercially produced fractionated coconut oil.
Botanical name: Cocos nucifera
About Filtered Coconut Oil
Some of the benefits to using this oil are listed here.
- It remains liquid at low temperatures.
- It contains no double bonds so there are no sites for oxidation, therefore it has an exceptional shelf life.
- It consists completely of saturated fatty acid side chains, so it is more like animal fat and absorbs readily into the skin. This makes it ideal as a carrier oil for therapeutic purposes. For massage therapy, it provides lubrication, then disappears quickly into the skin, taking the essential oil phyto-nutrients with it.
- It washes out of massage sheets and blankets easily, with no staining.
- It is so light that it will pass through a pump sprayer. This makes it an ideal product for natural perfumers who don’t want to use alcohol as a carrier, because it is the lightest of all the carrier oils.
- It leaves skin feeling smooth without that greasy feeling.
- It’s very cost effective, at this price it is one of least expensive therapeutic quality carrier oils.
- It is completely soluble with essential oils and compatible with soaps.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.