More About Our Dalmatian Sage Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: Steam distilled from leaves
Botanical name: Salvia officanalis “Alviflora”
Homeopathic Properties of Dalmatian Sage Essential Oil
Internal–oral semi-homeopathic dosage, inhalation
External—topical application, massage, local or spinal compress, bath, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Various sage species have been used medicinally around the world since ancient times. Dalmatian sage essential oil is made from the garden variety of sage, often used in cooking.
It has anti-inflammatory and pain relieving effects. It is a very effective massage oil, good for relieving pain in muscles, joints, connective tissue injuries, arthritis, and lower back pain.
It is also effective for easing the effects of PMS and menopausal symptoms. Sage has a hormone balancing effect on the endocrine system, and can help relieve all kinds of menstrual complaints, including painful periods, menstrual cramps, and mood swings.
It relieves depression and grief, and when diffused, purifies the energetic environment. It is often burned in Native American ritual to purify the air and energy field around the participants, and to clarify the spiritual connection to the source.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Do not use with infants and small children.
- Avoid use with pregnant or lactating mothers, sage can dry up the milk supply.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.