More About Our Rhododendron Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Production method: Steam distilled from wild leaves
Botanical name: Rhododendron anthropogon
Note: Most other species of rhododendron essential oil are toxic or contain some degree of toxicity. The essential oil of Rhododendron anthropogon is not toxic.
Homeopathic Properties of Rhododendron Essential Oil
- Binding–stops diarrhea
- Hepatic–liver protectant
- Emollient for dermatitis, eczema
Internal–oral homeopathic dosage, inhalation, diffusion
External—topical application, massage, bath, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Rhododendron essential oil has potent anti-bacterial properties which have been studied, and found very effective against a widespread group of infective agents such as Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus faecalis, Bacillus subtilis and Mycobacterium tuberculosis as well as fungi like Candida (even at a dilution rate of 0.04%!).
Purity and accuracy of species is very important with this oil, as other rhododendron species can be toxic.
It is very useful in cosmetic cremes and facial preparations, as it is highly regenerative to skin.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Be certain of the purity and species of rhododendron you are using, as others can be toxic.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.