More About Our Lemon Ironbark Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Botanical name: Eucalyptus staigeriana
Distillation: Steam distilled
Note: Artisan distilled from leaves of trees
Homeopathic Properties of Lemon Ironbark Essential Oil
- Tonic–general, respiratory, urinary, reproductive system
Internal–oral, inhalation, diffusion, culinary use
External—topical application, massage, bath, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Lemon ironbark essential oil has a very soft and rounded lemony aroma. It is citrusy, yet not as sharp as eucalyptus citriodora.
This oil has been used as a flavorant for “lemon cordial”, the Australian equivalent of lemonade. It makes a lovely tea or drink that is very high in anti-oxidants and other health supporting properties.
It has anti-infectious and antiviral properties. It can relieve body aches and pain from viral attack. Use it as a hot spinal compress to relief colds and flu.
Lemon ironbark helps open breathing passages and expel mucus and congestion. It relieves coughs related to flu and colds. It is also great for a massage oil, to relieve pain and muscular tension.
Lemon ironbark makes a wonderful addition to a hot bath, for relaxation and rejuvenation. It can be applied as a massage oil for pain relief, especially muscle and body pain.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Use cautiously with infants and small children.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.