More About Our Rosemary Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle OR 30 ml violet glass bottle
Source: South Africa or Italy (Current batch from South Africa)
Distillation: Steam distilled
Botanical name: Rosmarinus officianalis–chemotype: verbenon
Note: Made from certified organically grown plants
Homeopathic Properties of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Stimulant–liver, gall bladder, immune system
Internal–oral, inhalation, diffusion
External—topical application, skin, bath, massage, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Rosemary essential oil (verbenon chemotype) makes a great oil for applying as a compress to the chest to clear congestion from lungs and bronchial tubes. It opens breathing passages, breaks up congestion, and eases breathing. It is relaxing and helps relieve coughing and spasm at the same time.
- For nose polyps, apply a 2% dilution of essential oil with a cotton swab into the nostril. Inhale deeply a few times. Repeat until the polyp diminishes.
- Regenerative and tonic, rosemary oil was considered the herb of eternal youth in the Middle Ages in Europe. It can be made into a tea or remedy and taken orally as a general anti-aging tonic.
- Rosemary regenerates hair, and is great for some forms of baldness and hair loss. Massage or spray a 4%-8% dilution into scalp before washing hair. Let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes, then wash hair as usual. I have seen this treatment bring a man’s hair back substantially over just a few weeks, when hair loss had set in.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Avoid use with infants and small children unless recommended by a health care professional.
- Avoid use for pregnant and lactating women.
- Contains a low level of ketones, use cautiously with liver conditions and seizure conditions.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.