This simple recipe is so fulfilling and tasty! It can be altered to suit almost any taste. Best of all, it is gluten free.
Combine in a covered bowl:
- Gluten free organic oats (“Quick” oats break down more and are the most easily digested. Whole oats can be used, and if so would be best left on the counter to ferment for up to 72 hours).
- Chopped pecan pieces
- Goji berries, blueberries, or raisins
- Dehydrated maple sprinkles, raw sugar, or slices of dates or figs as sweetener
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon plain yogurt or kefir with live cultures
- Cassia essential oil, and allspice essential oil, a couple of drops each
- Pure spring water or mineral water
Let the mixture sit overnight, or longer for a deeper fermentation. In the morning, stir and eat.
Overnight Oatmeal Recipe Variations
Add small apple slices.
Add a drop of vanilla bourbon.
Use dried chopped apricots in place of berries.
Add organic carob or cocoa powder.
Add cinnamon and cloves.
Substitute almonds, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds for pecans.