Recipe for Pineapple Mint Elixir
Place in blender or Vita-mix:
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut in chunks
- 4 dates, seeds removed
- 2 springs of spearmint
- 1″ slice of vanilla bean, or 2 drops vanilla CO2 extract
- 2 to 3 cups water
- Maple syrup or agave nectar to taste
Blend on high until drink is smooth and free of lumps. Serve with a sprig of mint on top. Serves 2.
Pineapple Nutrition Facts
- Contains a wealth of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, including potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, beta carotene, thiamin, B6, and folate.
- Pineapples have the ability to improve respiratory health, coughs and colds.
- Pineapples contain enzymes that improve digestion, help you lose weight, and improve the immune system.
- Minerals in pineapple can help strengthen bones and increase heart health.
- Pineapples also can boost eye health, reduce inflammation, prevent cancer, fight off infections and parasites, and increase circulation.