Mediterranean Artichoke Dressing is delicious served over salads, tomato dishes, and rice dishes.
Serve this dressing over sauteed eggplant, cooked root vegetables, or pasta, for a healthful and easy meal. It is also a wonderful dip for crackers or raw veggies.
Combine in Vita-mix or blender:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 2 tsp. chopped rosemary leaves
- 2-3 T. preserved artichokes (check ingredients for preservative-free brands)
- 3 drops black pepper essential oil
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1 T. Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. natural salt
- Just enough water to blend ingredients together
Pulse Vita-mix on 4 (low speed) until it begins to mix smoothly. Then blend on high until it is smooth and creamy.
Nutritional Facts About Artichokes
- Artichokes are higher in anti-oxidants than blueberries, cranberries, and red wine.
- Artichokes contain Inulin, a pre-biotic that supports the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
- Artichokes can help reduce cholesterol (the non-beneficial kind) in the blood.
- Artichokes contain high levels of vitamin K, which helps the brain function properly. It is a wonderful food for people with Alzheimer’s and other brain or cognitive challenges.
- Artichokes are high in folic acid, making them especially good for pregnant and nursing mothers.