Dancing Kiwi Salad Recipe
Cut a small spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Place in a steamer and steam the squash for 25 minutes, or until it is easy to pierce with a fork.
Scrape a fork over the flesh of the squash, allowing it to flake off into a large serving bowl.
While squash is still hot, addd to the bowl:
Radish, pea, broccoli, or alfalfa sprouts
Finely chopped fresh green beans
Finely chopped broccoli
Finely diced cucumber
Finely chopped red pepper
1 kiwi, peeled and diced
Kiwi Nutrition Facts
- Kiwi fruit is packed with more vitamin C than an equivalent amount of orange.
- Kiwi is an excellent source of vitamin K.
- Kiwi contains a variety of flavonoids and carotenoids that have demonstrated antioxidant activity. Phytonutrient research indicates that kiwi fruit has the ability to protect DNA in the nucleus of human cells from oxidation related damage.
- Kiwis are a good source of potassium.
- Kiwis are an excellent source of dietary fiber. Diets that contain plenty of fiber can reduce high cholesterol levels, and lower the risk of heart disease and heart attack. Fiber is also good for binding and removing toxins from the colon, which is helpful for preventing colon cancer. In addition, fiber-rich foods, like kiwifruit, are helpful for keeping the blood sugar levels of diabetic patients under control.