More About Our Fleabane Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml OR 30 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: Steam distilled from wild aerial parts
Botanical name: Erigeron canadensis
Note: Also known as horseweed, or erigeron
Homeopathic Properties of Fleabane Essential Oil
- Anti-microbial–tested effective against E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus, once used for treating cholera and diarrhea
- Regenerator–nerve, kidney
- Stimulant–pancreas, liver
Internal–oral homeopathic doses only, inhalation
External—topical application, massage, bath, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Fleabane is an old medicinal herb that goes back into Native American traditional healing. Its tea is used to treat diarrhea, kidney problems and respiratory infections. The essential oil distilled from fresh plants is used to expel intestinal parasites.
Dosage Suggestions for Use for These Purposes
Add 1 to 2 drops fleabane essential oil in 1 qt. water.
For adults: Take 1/4 cup of this mixture 2 times daily for 5 days. If you there are no adverse reactions, this dosage can be kept up for 30 to 90 days. If there are any reactions within the first 5 days, dosage can be dropped down to a homeopathic dilution.
For children: Use only on the advice of a health care professional.
Fleabane was traditionally used for diarrhea. Even severe cases of diarrhea can be arrested by drinking a tea of this common herb.
It has also been found useful in treating arthritis, when used as a semi-homeopathic remedy or a tea. If an arthritis sufferer takes Cascara sagrada to ease pain, but then gets diarrhea, fleabane can stop the diarrhea. The two may be combined into one remedy for most effectiveness.
Fleabane has been used around the world as an insect repellent, parasiticide, and insecticide against everything from fleas, mosquitos, flies, spiders, and many other insects.
- Avoid use with pregnant and lactating women.
- Avoid use with infants and small children.
- May cause photosensitivity. Avoid exposure to sunlight or UV light within 24 hours of using this oil.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.