More About Our Lemon Verbena Essential Oil
Size: 1.5 ml amber glass vial
Distillation: Steam distilled, from non-certified organic flowers, leaves, and stems of the plant.
Botanical name: Lippia citriodora or Aloysia citriodora
Note: Not to be confused with Spanish verbena (Thymus hiemalis), which is not a verbena at all.
Homeopathic Properties of Lemon Verbena Essential Oil
- Tonic–liver and gall bladder; sexual; pancreas; nervous system
Internal–oral semi-homeopathic doses only, inhalation
External–topical application, massage, bath, local compress, spinal compress, points & energy centers
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Lemon verbena essential oil has been tested to be very effective in treating many microbial infections, including staph- and E. coli, and malaria.
It is a cleansing oil for skin and scalp. Added to shampoo or hydrosol, it cleans and stimulates the scalp and loosens grease. It softens skin and reduces the puffiness of eczema. It is often used for acne, blemishes, and psoriasis. Combined with hydrosol, it can be used to reduce inflammation in skin. It is also effective in treating skin parasites such as mites.
It is a potent respiratory oil, good for bronchitis, asthma (crises prevention), nasal and sinus congestion, spasms and convulsions.
It has been used to heal wounds, especially those of tendons and connective tissue. It makes a good massage oil for arthritis and rheumatism.
Inhaling lemon verbena essential oil can reduce heart palpitations. For high blood pressure, apply the oil directly to the heart and the wrist points. It also helps to balance the thyroid and relieve liver congestion.
It is a noteworthy aphrodisiac, which may help increase libido. It can be used as a treatment for cystitis or urinary infection.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Avoid use with infants and small children.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- May cause photosensitivity, avoid sunlight for 24 to 36 hours after using this essential oil.
- Sensitive individuals should test this oil for skin compatibility.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.