More About Our Valerian Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Process: Steam distillation of fresh roots
Botanical name: Valeriana officianalis
Homeopathic Properties of Valerian Essential Oil
Internal–oral, inhalation, diffusion
External––topical application, wound application, massage, bath, local or spinal compress, application to energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Valerian essential oil is a heart tonic. It can stop heart spasms and palpitations by applying directly to the chest with broad, circular strokes. It can ease heart pain very quickly with the same application.
Valerian is a relaxant, sedative, and mild tranquilizer. It blends well with neroli or champaca for easing energetic and emotional “heart” reactions. It can be effective for convulsions, spasms, headaches, and for relieving insomnia.
Valerian can be taken internally at semi-homeopathic dilutions for strengthening the heart and its energy system. It can also be applied externally for lowering blood pressure.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Avoid during pregnancy and lactation.
- Avoid use with infants or small children.
- Avoid essential oil contact with eyes.
- Store safely out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.