More About Our Sage Triloba Essential Oil
Size: 1.5 ml amber glass vial
Distillation: Steam distilled from leaves
Botanical name: Salvia triloba
Homeopathic Properties of Sage Triloba Essential Oil
Internal–oral semi-homeopathic dosage, inhalation
External—topical application, massage, local or spinal compress, bath, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Sage triloba essential oil is commonly used for digestive disorders, such as indigestion, flatulence, nausea, etc.
It is used extensively to prevent or reduce hair loss, and can be blended with hydrosol and sprayed on the scalp for that purpose.
It is helpful for balancing women’s hormones, often helping to reduce symptoms connected with PMS or menopause. It has also been used to help asthma, and should be inhaled for that purpose.
It has been shown to be effective in helping the symptoms of Alzheimer’s, ADD, and other brain conditions, for some people. It should not be taken for longer than 4 months without taking a break.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage. High doses can increase the risk of seizures or liver disease.
- Do not use with infants and small children.
- Avoid use with pregnant or lactating mothers.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.