More About Our Petitgrain sur Fleurs Essential Oil
Size: 1.5 ml amber glass vial OR 5 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: Steam distillation from fresh leaves with added flowers
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantium
Note: This oil is only available from one source, and not produced every year. We suggest that you purchase enough to last for a couple of years, as it will often be sold out quickly. This oil carries the healing properties similar to other petitgrains, including combava petitgrain, mandarin petitgrain and lemon petitgrain.
Homeopathic Properties of Petitgrain sur Fleurs Essential Oil
- Stimulant–circulatory, immune
Internal–oral, inhalation, diffusion
External—topical application, massage, bath, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Regular petitgrain essential oil is distilled from the leaves of Citrus aurantium. This rare and beautiful petitgrain sur fleurs essential oil is made from leaves co-distilled with the flowers of the tree, giving it an aroma not unlike neroli, at a much more moderate cost than true neroli flower oil.
It tones the skin, treating both oily and dry skin conditions, including acne. It is a strong antiviral, antibacterial, and immune stimulant.
It is beautiful for diffusing into the air. It has been shown to inhibit the growth of staph, strep, and pneumococcus bacteria.
It has been used in the treatment of hepatitis, as an internal remedy, with proper dilution.
Petitgrain sur fleurs is an effective treatment for insomnia, restricted breathing, rapid heartbeat, and stomach pain. In the bath, it will calm the spirit as it relaxes the body and releases muscular tension. It is a fine choice for spinal compresses.
Petitgrain has antispasmodic properties, soothing and releasing muscle spasm.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Not recommended to use with infants or small children. It is very cooling and can be a shock to their undeveloped nervous systems. For colic relief or other digestive issues in small children, try a highly diluted form of anise or caraway.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.