More About Our Goldenrod Essential Oil
Size: 1.5 ml violet glass bottle
Source : Canada
Distillation: Steam distilled from flowers and aerial parts
Botanical name: Solidago canadensis
Homeopathic Properties of Goldenrod Essential Oil
- Detoxifier–lymph, respiratory
- Tonic–nerve, heart
Internal–oral, inhalation, diffusion
External—topical, skin application, massage, wounds, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Goldenrod is a very rare essential oil. I have found it to be a superior remedy for airborne respiratory allergies, such as allergies to pollen, animal dander, and environmental pollutants.
I have also used it orally in homeopathic blends for food allergies with success.
It has an affinity for the kidneys, and is very effective in treating kidney and bladder infections. Use it by taking a drop of the oil in a cup of hot tear water twice a day.
It has cardiotonic properties, and is a very good regenerator of the heart, pericardium, and arterial system. It increases circulation, and has been used historically for congestive cough and diphtheria.
It was also used to treat hepatitis, and helps regenerate a fatty liver condition, when also combined with the necessary dietary changes and lifestyle changes.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Avoid use with pregnant or lactating women.
- Avoid use with infants and small children.
- May cause allergic reaction in some sensitive individuals.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.