More About Our Eaglewood Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle
Production Method: Steam distilled from the heartwood of trees
Botanical name: Aetoxylon sympetalum
Note: This oil is produced from plantation grown trees. Essential oil from this species is also known as gaharu Buaya. It is typically used to augment true agar wood, or as a substitute for it.
Homeopathic Properties of Eaglewood Essential Oil
- Anti-convulsant–reduces frequency and intensity of epileptic seizures for some people
- Bronchodilator–opens breathing passages to ease breathing with conditions such as asthma and bronchitis
- Tonic-digestive, urinary
- Hypotensive–recently found to have properties of lowering blood sugar, when taken in micro doses internally over several months
Internal–oral semi-homeopathic dosage, inhalation
External—topical, skin application, massage, bath, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Traditional uses of eaglewood essential oil include use to relieve spasms and pain, calm and soothe the digestive system, regulate the vital organs (heart, lungs, liver), and direct energy downward to support the kidneys.
It has also been used to treat tightness in the chest, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhoea and asthma.
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.