Size: 30 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: CO2 total, unrefined
Botanical name: Borago officianalis
Note: We no longer stock this item
Physical Properties of Borage CO2 Extract
- Analgesic-relieves joint and muscle pain
- Emollient-increases skin hydration
- Regenerative-skin, nerves, liver
- Tonic–heart, brain, nervous system
Internal–oral as food or supplement
External–topical, skin treatment, massage, cosmetic use, carrier oil
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Unrefined borage CO2 extract is the highest source for omega 6 fatty acids, called GLA. When combined with omega 3 fatty acids, it can be helpful for treating a wide range of short and long term illnesses.
Borage CO2 extract counteracts various inflammatory and age related disorders. Because it is anti-inflammatory, it can help with reduction of pain caused by muscle or nerve degeneration, including arthritis.
Studies have also shown it to be effective for the majority of people suffering from eczema. It has been effective in weight normalization, respiratory disorders, and skin disorders including acne.
- No contraindications are known. Borage oil is generally regarded as safe at normal dosages.
- Do not use during pregnancy or lactation, or with infants or small children.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.