More About Our Cannabis Essential Oil
Size: 1.5 ml amber glass vial
Production method: Steam distillation from the leaves and flowers
Botanical name: Cannabis sativa
Note: This steam distilled essential oil does not contain more than trace amounts of THC.
This is not the expeller pressed hemp seed oil found in health food stores.
It is distilled from Cannabis sativa, a different chemotype of the medical marijuana plant. It is not chemically the same as the controlled substance, medical oil of cannabis, which is concentrated and processed to a standardized formula.
This essential oil is very potent, and must be diluted for use! One 1.5 ml vial of cannabis essential oil will make up to 20–1 ounce bottles of semi-homeopathic remedy, recommended for internal uses.
Homeopathic Properties of Cannabis Essential Oil
Internal–oral semi-homeopathic dosages, inhalation
External–topical application, massage, compress, bath
Observations and Anecdotal Information
The time for the Cannabis genus of plants to leave the recreational drug stigma behind, and reclaim their place as a useful herbal remedy, has come. This is evident by all of the medicinal uses that are emerging for various hemp products; including the relief of epileptic seizures, and help for autistic children.
This essential oil is “new” to the aromatherapy market, so there is not a large established body of information on its homeopathic properties. The following attributes are known, and it is likely that there will be more emerging as it gains in use.
- Stress relief, sleep enhancing and deeply relaxing
- Asthma relief, as well as hay fever and sinusitis
- Male and female hormone balancing and regulating
- Anti-inflammatory and pain relieving, reduces swelling
- Brain and memory function enhancement
The aromatic intensity of cannabis essential oil suggests that it may be most effective as a remedy when greatly diluted.
- Avoid use during pregnancy, lactation, and with small children or infants, unless supervised by a health care professional.
- Avoid use if you have heart disease or high blood pressure.