Size: 30 ml violet glass bottle
Production Method: Cold pressed and filtered, from the specially dried seeds of non-certified organic farm grown red raspberries
Botanical name: Rubus idaeus
Note: The seeds of red raspberry are known to contain substantial flavonoids, anti-oxidants, and 33% omega-3 and 52% omega-6 fatty acids. This oil is unique among carrier oils in that it forms a nano-lipid layer on the skin, which seals in moisture and disperses and reflects UV radiation. Raspberry seed oil boosts the effectiveness of natural sunscreens, and is especially effective at repairing damage caused by UV radiation that penetrates deeply into the skin.
About Red Raspberry Seed Botanical Oil
Red raspberry seed botanical oil is rapidly becoming one of the best selling botanical oils in the aromatherapy world. It has a wonderfully emollient quality, and makes a super facial treatment all on its own. It is known for the following properties:
- Repairs and protects skin from the detrimental effects of the environment and aging
- Boosts skin radiance and softens the skin; it is light and soothing, deeply moisturizing
- Powerful antioxidant due to its high concentration of vitamin E (tocopherols and tocotrienols) and polyphenols
- Topically applied red raspberry seed oil offers relief to people suffering from eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, rosacea and rashes
- At least one scientific study found that red raspberry seed oil has an SPF factor of 28-50 (search for Oomah study)
Many aromatherapists are combining red raspberry seed botanical oil with natural ingredients to make sun screens, facial oil treatments for mature skin, and to regenerate and nourish the skin daily.
It makes a wonderful base for cremes, herbal facial treatments, and body oils. It is also very nice as an over night oil treatment for the face. It blends well with other botanical oils, as a carrier or for making cosmetics and aromatherapy blends.
It is a fine carrier, and ingredient for all of your lotions, serums, cremes, and balms.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.