Size: 30 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: Cold-pressed from non-certified organic seeds
Botanical name: Salvia hispanica
Note: This food quality artisan produced oil can be used internally or externally.
Physical Properties of Chia Seed Botanical Oil
- Analgesic-relieves joint pain
- Emollient-increases skin hydration, eliminates dry eye syndrome
- Regenerative-skin, nerves, liver
- Tonic–heart, brain, nervous system
Internal–oral as food or supplement
External–topical, skin treatment, massage, cosmetic use, carrier oil
Observations and Anecdotal Information for Chia Seed Botanical Oil
Unrefined chia seed botanical oil has become a popular source for Omega 3 fatty acids. It carries the perfect ratio of omega 3 to omega 6, that is 3:1, making it a great vegan substitute for fish oil.
One teaspoon of chia seed oil provides all of the omega 3 fatty acid necessary for an adult’s daily requirement. This dose has been shown to support heart and cardiovascular health, and reduce the risk of repeat stroke or heart attack.
Because it provides a stable source of omega 3, it is also mood balancing. It hydrates the skin from within, and may help to reduce the effects of aging on skin.
- No contraindications are known. Chia seed oil is generally regarded as safe at normal dosages.
- Do not use during pregnancy or lactation, or with infants or small children.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.