Essential Oils for Viral Infection
In light of the current world situation, we have received an unusually high number of requests for advice about anti-viral essential oils. As I would like to help as many people as possible, I have decided to post this blog entry to answer many questions at once.
If you are looking for a list of essential oils with anti-viral properties, go here. For a list of essential oils for colds, coughs, and influenza, go here. For a list of essential oils that help respiratory symptoms, go here.
See a complete list of suggestions for prevention here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html Follow these guidelines to prevent exposure.
Below are some natural measures that we are suggesting to help prevent infection, or after possibly being exposed.
- Swab the inside of each nostril with a Q-tip dipped in Nano-silver or colloidal silver, once each morning and night. If you can not get either of these products, you may also find success with a 4% dilution of anti-viral essential oils such as ajowan, cypress, hyssop, ravensare, spike lavender, basil, oregano, etc. Alternatively, wash daily with a Neti Pot.
- Eat a healthy diet—now is not the time to binge on junk food. If you have allergies or food sensitivities, avoiding trigger foods can help your immune system stay strong. If you do contract the virus, you will have a greater chance of having fewer symptoms and shorter down time. Especially focus on drinking fresh vegetable juices or smoothies every day.
- Take herbal immune tonics to strengthen your immune system. Chinese herbal tonics in particular can provide support. A very common immune formula is called Jade Screen. Other herbs that build immunity include Reishi mushroom, Cordyceps, as well as cinnamon and ginger.
- Stay hydrated. Drink warm or room temperature water, sipping often.
- Avoid eating refined sugar. In certain individuals, it can reduce immunity by 50% for hours or days after consumption.
- Make sure to get plenty of zinc daily. It prevents the viral binding needed for viruses to invade nasal cells.
- Make an anti-viral throat spray to use if you feel your throat getting itchy or dry, or a cough starting. This is a helpful preventative measure, and also helps reduce the discomfort of a sore throat once the virus is contracted. Add orange or tangerine essential oils if the flavor is an issue, because it is rather strong. You can also use ravensare essential oil if can not get ajowan, or if it is too strong for you.
- Don’t eat anything cold or directly out of the refrigerator. Take it out and let it warm up first.
Support if You Are Infected
I have been seeing people with severe viral infections since about November of 2019. Of course, I now feel that at least some of them had contracted Covid-19, and we just did not know it yet. Studies are now pushing the dates back in many locations as to when it first appeared.
If you do feel symptoms or believe you have contracted the Corona virus, get medical assistance immediately if you are in the high risk group. This includes those who are older, have health conditions, respiratory conditions, diabetes, or compromised immune systems.
Based on the feedback from a group of people who have recovered, here are some things that you can do to help yourself if you feel that you have contracted the Covid-19 virus. By far the most important thing seems to be taking the virus seriously! People who go back to work or push themselves into activity too early, seem to have an increased incidence of relapse. With this one, it is best to err on the side of caution, and take extra time for yourself.
- Eat soups and plenty of cooked vegetables and salads, moderate amounts of fruit, including cooked fruit. Include moderate amounts of quality protein every day.
- If you have a high fever, try Boneset tea (Euptorium perfoliatum). This anti-viral powerfully lowers fevers and treats colds and flu with sore throat, sweating, fever, and thirst. It also treats bronchitis, acute bronchial pneumonia and dyspnea, all with yellow phlegm. At this point, it may not be as important to avoid refined sugar. You will need the calories in some form or another to feed an active immune system.
- If you have symptoms of cold (TCM), including feelings of coldness, copious clear urination, white, copious or runny discharges, pale complexion, cold limbs, lassitude, fatigue, edema, loose stools or diarrhea, faint odors, impotence, low libido, or undigested food in the stool, eat fresh (not cooked) garlic, fresh ginger tea, or ginger tea with cinnamon.
- If you have trouble breathing, diffuse ajowan with cypress essential oils, eucalyptus dives, eucalyptus globulus, or eucalyptus radiata. Use hyssop, ravensare, tea tree, or any of the previously mentioned oils applied to the chest as a hot compress. Place a damp towel and hot water bottles on top, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Applying heat may be effective in limiting the growth of the virus, and definitely helps the comfort level of breathing with this infection.
- Best Corona virus supplements include: Colloidal silver, which proved effective against SARS virus. Oregano essential oil, which is strongly anti-viral (and must be diluted for use). Zeolite and Humic acid, which act as a viral infusion inhibitor—which does not allow a virus to attach to a healthy cell, or replicate it. High doses of vitamin C—between 6,000 and 20,000 mcg per day, taken in 500 mcg, allowing bowel tolerance to set the limit for your daily consumption (take multiple doses until you reach 20,000 mcg or get diarrhea, then back off to the dosage that will not cause diarrhea). Do not use the fizzy vitamin C drinks with sugar, because sugar inhibits the effectiveness of vitamin C. Take vitamin C separately for the best results. Probiotics, especially those with over 3 billion live cultures. And finally—lecithin. Lecithin supports a healthy immune system by “decloaking” viruses.
To read an interesting case study by a person who has recovered from the Covid-19 virus, here is the account of her journey. Please seek medical attention if at all possible, if you suspect you may have the Covid-19 virus!
Michael and I wish you the best in your journey through these unprecedented times. Sending out our love and gratitude to all.